Tuesday, June 2, 2009

My class this month is a project class. We will be doing mini scrapbooks. These scrapbooks are so cute and easy to make. They make great gifts for Grandparents or you can give them to friends without photos for them to put their own in.

This is the scrapbook folded up. The ribbon just slips over the top. The one I saw made at convention just had a piece of designer series paper inside the frame on the front but I wanted to use all three of these gorgeous photos so I picked one that was mostly a silhouette for the front. I used the Sweet Always Designer Series paper (IBC page 132, $16.95) throughout the album and just picked up the colours from that.
The front and back covers of the album are pieces from the On Board Essentials (IBC page 147, $23.95) covered with the DSP on both sides. The colours from the DSP I used, Regal Rose and Pumpkin Pie went well with the clothes in the photos. On the cover I used some of the Flower Fusion (IBC page 144, $29.95) and a Rhinestone Fire Circle Brad (IBC page 149, $19.95) for the little flower on the front. The leaf is from the Planter box Rub-ons (IBC page 139, $19.95) on Pumpkin Pie card stock and cut out. The ribbon is just a piece of the Regal Rose 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon.

This is the scrap book folded out. Inside has two trimmed down photos. The verse is one I found on the Internet , edited and printed out on some vellum Card stock (IBC page 130, $12.50). I love to use the vellum for this sort of thing as it allows the colour of the card stock behind to show through. I also used some of the Planter Box Rub-ons on it as embellishments. I punched some pieces of the Sweet Always DSP and put them behind the photos as faux photo corners. I was pleased with that, it gives the photos some framing without obscuring any of the photo. The flower is another of the Planer Box Rub-ons on Pumpkin Pie Card stock cut out with one of the white Button Latte (IBC page 151, $15.50) in the center to finish it off. The leaves were put straight onto the Regal Rose card stock that is the body of the album. The only stamping was the saying that is cut out and put under the second photo. It is from the Stem Sayings stamp set (IBC page 96, $39.95) and says "i made a wish and you came true!" which was perfect for how I feel about my daughter.

The back isn't pictured here but it is the circle frame piece from the On Board Essentials just covered in the same strip paper from the Sweet Always DSP as used for the photo corners with a piece of pumpkin pie in the center. I added one of the spare flowers I had made from the Planter Box Rub-ons on Regal Rose card stock in one corner just to finish it off.

I was really pleased with this little scrapbook and I can't wait to see what people attending my class this month come up with for them selves. If you are interested in attending the class please feel free to contact me.

1 comment:

  1. I just love this.
    Another example of how you can change an original design and make it yours...like Mel has done with this one.

    ReplyDelete