Sunday, May 31, 2009

Back to Basics class

Well I had to postpone my Back to Basics class due to act of germ, yep I had a bad head cold. I phoned everyone who was coming and asked if they still wanted to come while I was possibly contagious needless to say i spent the evening tidying up and went to bed early. I was prepared however so I thought I would post up some photos I have taken of the cards we will be doing in the class on Thursday. You will have to excuse the quality of the photos, my daughter knocked the digital SLR over while it was on the tripod and now it is in for repairs. These photos were taken with a loaner and they are a bit mediocre.

The last two are pretty much direct copies from the Idea Book and Catalogue. This one though is all my own work. It uses several techniques, back ground stamping, water colouring with markers and a brush, the scallop edge with holes punched out with the crop-a-dile in each scallop, glitter used with the sticky cuts to add a bit of bling. The stamp sets used were Pun Fun (the same in all the cards) and the background stamp Polka Dot. The colours are Kiwi Kiss, Pumpkin Pie and Rose Red. And the accessories used were the sticky cuts Sweet, Pumpkin Pie striped grosgrain ribbon, Circle Fire Rhinestone Brads and the fine Supernova glitter.

This one is a straight copy from the Idea Book and Catalogue. The only thing I changed was instead of stitching, it is a bit hard to take a sewing machine to class for everyone to use, I have used the paper piercer to pierce some holes in the corners of the piece of the card with the hippo on it. Anyway the details of what is used is available from the Stampin' Up! website.

This card uses a few different techniques too, heat embossing, punching and water colouring.






OK again this is pretty much copied straight from the Idea Book and Catalogue. I did use the paper clip from the Library Clips rather than just a regular paper clip. Instead of Kiwi Kiss Designer series pattern paper, which I don't have yet, I ran a piece of Kiwi Kiss card stock through the paper crimper to give it some texture and interest. I was really pleased with the result.

This card uses a couple of different techniques. Colouring a stamp different colours using markers. Cutting out shapes and layering to add depth and different colours.

All of the techniques in these cards are fairly basic stamping techniques, hence the name of the class "Back to Basics". It is too late for anyone to get the kit that goes with the class but if any one would like to come along and pay $10 for materials used I am happy to take some extras, seeing as I had to postpone the class.

Anyway in the mean time have some fun and happy stamping!

Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment