Friday, July 3, 2009

Hostess tips

Well it has been a while since I have posted. Mostly because with our camera off for repairs I have not had any pics to put up to show you what I have been doing. Hopefully we will pick it up today so I will have new pics to put up soon. In the mean time I thought I would post something that I included in my last newsletter. With the current Stampin' Up! special for hostesses (get an extra $40 to spend on product when your workshop sales reach $600) I sent out some tips on how to host a successful workshop.

  • Invite more people than you want to attend. Don't be afraid to invite people because you think they won't be interested they may just have never told you that they have an interest in stamping or paper craft, or they may just be interested in an evening/afternoon out having fun with some friends.
  • Give a personal invite, give them a written invitation (I can provide you with Stampin' Up! workshop invitation postcards) in person or give them a call on the phone and follow up with an email.
  • Show around the the catalogue. When you book a workshop you will receive a complementary copy of the 2009 Idea book and catalogue as well as a loan copy. Show these around, pass them around at work, playgroups or take them with you when you pick your children up from school. Actually seeing the products and the samples made with them can generate interest where there was none before. It will also provide the opportunity for anyone who can't actually attend the workshop to put in an order if they would like. Please note that orders need to be paid for before I can place them, so cash and cheque payments need to be given to me at the workshop. Credit Card payments are processed when the order is submitted to Stampin' Up!
  • Contact your guests a day or two before the workshop to remind them about it and to keep the enthusiasm going.
  • Be enthusiastic, if you are excited about the workshop then your guests will get excited too.
  • At the workshop maintain your enthusiasm and have fun. Don't stress too much about a clean house, fancy snacks or making everything perfect. Your guests are coming to have some fun with you and the other guests and to do some Stamping.
So that is just some brief tips on how to have a successful workshop. And remember if you aren't happy to have the workshop at your house I am always happy to host it at my house for you.
Have a great weekend and happy stamping
Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment