Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Convention Swaps

The swaps were happening fast and furious from the first moment I got to convention on the Friday morning. My guest Tanya and I were kept very busy handing them out and receiving some absolutely gorgeous cards in return. One of my swaps was much more popular than the other. I am not surprised I was not very happy with it and I am afraid it was a bit poor against what other people had done.

Anyway here are some of the swaps I received.

This would have to be one of my favorites. It is so simple and yet very bright and colorful. I love this set, Fifth Avenue Floral (IBC page 82, $45.95) and I am going to have to get it out and do a lot more with it.








This one is not really my style but I always think that even if you don't like something there is always something you can take away from it. In this case I like the combination of colours and think that the black larger flower makes a great back ground for the small flower. The larger flower was punched using the Five Petal Flower punch (IBC page 153, $30.95) and it is one of my favourite accessories.


I love this one. Again it is very simple but very effective. Plenty of colour which I love but could be done with a number of different stamp sets.










Again this is a simple card. They have to be for swaps as you have to make so many of them. I think this person went above and beyond the call of duty. How many of these gorgeous flowers did she have to cut out and add glitter to?










This is great. Perfect for a little boy. Especially my son. I am going to give him this when I am finished with it. I love how she made the patterned paper to cut the planets out of. I think this is an inspired card and so different to what everyone else did!





Well I am planning on posting up photos of some more of my own work next. It might have to wait until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment