Monday, May 4, 2009

Finally photos

Well after some work figuring how to use the digital SLR here are some photos.

This first one is one of the Make and Take projects that we did at convention. I didn't actually get to finish this one on the day but I was so enthusiastic after everything we learned at convention I came home on the Friday night and finished everything.

This one is very simple but is so cute. It is simply a piece of Tangerine Tango Designer Series Paper (DSP) cut to size to fit inside one of the medium sized cellophane bags. You put it into the bag and use the word window punch to cut a slot through all three layers. Then you make the little love note cards. Each one has a different tree from the Trendy Trees set (IBC Page 99, $31.95 plus P&H) set stamped on it with one of the greetings from the same set. They are on Baja Breeze texture card stock cards.

This is such a simple thing to do but makes such an effective little gift. I am going to use things like this as hostess gifts from now on.


Now this is a card I made for my Mum to give her partner for his 60th birthday this week. I used the set that I won at convention, That's Funny (IBC page 55, $41.95). I needed to make it fairly masculine so I used a piece of the DSP Urban Oasis (IBC page 135, $16.95 for 12 sheets). These papers are on special this month, May '09, buy three packs and get a forth for free. I used the colours from the paper for the rest of the card, Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, Kraft, Basic Black and Basic Gray. A bit of Kiwi Kiss ribbon and one of the Kiwi Kiss buttons from the Button Bouquet (IBC page 151, $15.50) finished it off. I did think of "Stepping it up" as we were shown at convention a few times but Mum didn't think any "bling" would suit him. So I left it fairly plain. I am pretty pleased with the results.

Well given the hour I think I need to do some tidying up and head to bed but I will be putting more photos up shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment